Please note that the game may contain links to other web sites. These sites may have privacy policies which differ from that of Max's Investment World
- What information of yours do we collect?
- What are "cookies" and how do we use them?
- How does the Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge use the information it collects?
- How can you access or edit your information?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- How does the Lycos Network comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?
1. What information of yours do we collect?
When you register to use our site, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, birth date and other information. While not all of this data is required for our services to function, we are better able to customize your experience if you volunteer complete and accurate information. Users who complete the registration process are given a Stock Market Challenge ID and can take full advantage of the game.
If you contact Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We do not collect any email addresses of those who communicate with us via email. We use the information provided so that we may respond to the email.
2. What are "cookies" and how do we use them?
In addition to the personally identifiable information that Lycos actively collects when you register, we also collect anonymous information passively using cookies. This technology plays an important role in making the Internet work, but there is much confusion among Internet users about what cookies are and how they are used.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that
is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of your computer so that
the site administrator may identify your computer and passively track its
activities on the Web site. This unique number identifies your Web browser
to our computer system whenever you visit our site. A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personally identifiable information (such as your real name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed.
Cookies allow us to automatically remember your Web browser when you return to the Challenge and speed the login process.
3. How does the Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge use the information it collects?
Any personally identifiable information you share with Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge when registering is maintained and accessible only by Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge unless specifically stated otherwise. Our Products and Services are available to you at no cost, and we display advertisements so we can continue to provide great content and services free of charge. We can also better prepare future content based on your interests.
Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge may, from time to time, use your information to contact you
about changes or enhancements to our Services issues regarding your account, or Terms and Conditions violations or suspensions.
4. How can you access or edit your information?
The Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge provides its registered users the ability to access and edit their user profiles. You can access your user profile by following these steps:
- Go directly to this page. You will receive a prompt to log in with your Member Name and password if you are not already logged in.
- You will be taken to the Membership Information page, which contains your user profile. If you see a field that needs to be updated, click on the text box next to that field.
- Make the necessary changes and click the Update button to save your changes.
5. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge has security measures in place to attempt to protect
against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control.
Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect any
personally identifiable data stored on its computers. Only authorized
employees have access to the information you provide us.
While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not
occur, we take many precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your Membership ID and
password. Please take care when using and storing them. Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge recommends
that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your
browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot
access your personal information and correspondence, especially if several
people have access to your personal computer or you are using a computer in
a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
6. How does Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 provides
safeguards to protect children who use the Internet by regulating the online
collection of personal information from children under the age of 13.
Because of these safeguards, children under 13 are not able to register for our Stock Market Challenge.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the feedback page.
Max's Investment World Stock Market Challenge will update this policy from time to time so please check
back periodically. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable
information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was
collected, we will prominently post such changes prior to implementing them.
User Agreement |